Sponsors:
Flag Burning - Oh, the Irony

In my last post, Quran Anti-Defilement Rule, I asked: "We can rip up Bibles and burn American flags (as we darn well should be able to do legally). So why is defiling the Quran a no-no?"

Well shut my mouth - maybe we don't: Vote on flag desecration may be 'cliffhanger'. According to that article, "The Senate may be within one or two votes of passing a constitutional amendment to ban desecration of the U.S. flag, clearing the way for ratification by the states, a key opponent of the measure said Tuesday."



Sorry guys - it's just a brightly colored piece of cloth.

Oh, I hear you - "...represents all we've fought and died for... blood of the patriots... gave their lives for freedom... and so on." I know. But we all recognize that the flag merely represents these things. And we all know that proponents of no-American-flag-burning laws or amendments aren't against burning a piece of cloth - they're against what it stands for because of what that cloth represents. In short, they're against people having the right to express whatever sentiment the burning of such a symbol represents. They're against the expression.

I'll tell you this: If such an amendment ever goes through, the flag should be burned. Every single American flag out there ought to be burned.

As for the lawmakers who support it: they should be captured as terrorists, secretly deported to a real prison camp (not the "gulag" of Guantanamo Bay), and beaten and tortured for the rest of their natural lives. I think that's being fairly generous.

What do YOU think?
Click Here to join the discussion!

Get your blog listed on my main page! by linking to this post. How do you do it? Click here to find out.

I'll add you to my Blogroll if you Blogroll Me!






















End Page