Sponsors:
Nobody Died When Clinton Lied

I see this "Nobody Died When Clinton Lied" bumper sticker on a few cars I pass by fairly regularly. Simplistic political rhetoric (and it's all simplistic, on either side) tends to amuse me. So I thought I'd try my hand at it for fun:



According to The El Shifa Tragedy:

On August 20, 1998 Bill Clinton launched 79 cruise missiles at seven defenseless targets in the Middle East. One was a pharmaceutical plant in the Sudan called El Shifa. A pair of outstanding articles in Covert Action Quarterly (CAQ, Winter, 99) illustrates what a colossal crime was committed by this act of terrorism from our now-unimpeachable president.

According to a well-researched article written by Richard Becker, Sara Flounders and John Parker in CAQ, the El Shifa pharmaceutical plant was responsible for over 50% of Sudan's medicine. This included 90% of the most critically needed drugs.

I'm no more (or less) against Clinton than I am most any other politician of modern times. I don't follow politics all that closely, but from what I've heard, he did do a decent job of improving part of the American welfare system.

But that's beside the point - you aren't supposed to think too much about political rhetoric. You're supposed to think that you've thought a lot about the silly little slogan you slap on your car's back bumper, but that's just so you can pretend to be a concerned, intelligent citizen as shown by your sophisticated political awareness.

Maybe someone should put my modified slogan on a bumper sticker.


Get your blog listed on my main page! by linking to this post. How do you do it? Click here to find out.


What do YOU think?
Click Here to join the discussion!

Get your blog listed on my main page! by linking to this post. How do you do it? Click here to find out.

I'll add you to my Blogroll if you Blogroll Me!






















End Page