Sponsors:
Did Fundamentalists Kill Alexander the Great?
(the movie, I mean)

Oliver Stone sure thinks so:

"There's a raging fundamentalism in morality in the United States. From day one audiences didn't show up. They didn't even read the reviews in the south because the media was using the words: 'Alex is Gay'."

(from Stone blames 'fundamentalism' in US for 'Alexander' flop)

Well folks, Alexander was gay. Both in the movie and, as far as I know, in real life. Or so I remember from a book I read on him way back in junior high. Okay, maybe he swung both ways, but you wouldn't have known it from the movie. Was there any guy in there who wasn't trying to seduce him? I'm convinced there wasn't.

And that's certainly nothing to complain about, especially with Jared Leto as his permanent boy-love. You have to love that guy - especially if you saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch (the movie).

But, unfortunately, the amusing constant-homosexual-seductive atmosphere was the only interesting thing about the whole movie. I'm not picky when it comes to movies - I'll watch and enjoy just about anything (I know, lack of taste). But I was just waiting for Alexander to die to get the movie over with an hour (or less) into it.

I usually like Oliver Stone movies, so I was surprised that I really didn't like this one. But something felt off about it. I think it had something to do with the old guy (Anthony Hopkins) narrative framing device. All of the Egyptian stuff was wholly unbelievable. Maybe the backgrounds weren't done well enough, maybe it was all a little too bright and clean.. but for whatever reason, it might it very difficult for me to get into the movie.

So maybe some people didn't watch the movie because they're crazy fundamentalists. But sorry Oliver.. a lot of them probably didn't watch because it stunk.


Get your blog listed on my main page! by linking to this post. How do you do it? Click here to find out.


What do YOU think?
Click Here to join the discussion!

Get your blog listed on my main page! by linking to this post. How do you do it? Click here to find out.

I'll add you to my Blogroll if you Blogroll Me!






















End Page