Sponsors:
About the "Hot Abercrombie Chick!" Name

I would like to comment on the origin of my current Blogger nickname, "Hot Abercrombie Chick!" I understand that a name of this sort could easily be misconstrued as an indication of my fitting into a certain unpleasant stereotype of a person who might choose that as a screen name, and that this interpretation might have been furthered early on by the lack of content in my Blog. I think that by now, however, especially with the discussions in the 'comments' sections, the discerning reader will see that the nickname "Hot Abercrombie Chick!" is very tongue-in-cheek; perhaps even somewhat of a humorous experiment on my part aimed at provoking those people who are very prone to judging others by stereotypes.

My friend who introduced my to Blogger and helped me set up my page, Sarah, told me jokingly that I ought to call my Blog "Hot Abercrombie Chick." I've gotten my fair share of blonde jokes in my life, and Sarah and I both find it amusing to watch/hear the reactions of certain people upon discovering that an Abercrombie-wearing blonde is actually an intelligent person dedicated to studying rather than partying. So I used it.

I have to wonder how many of the people who click the link to my Blog are expecting something vastly different from what they actually find here. But really, why can't a person identify herself both as a "hot Abercrombie chick" and at the same time as a thinking, intelligent person? Maybe I help to dissolve the blonde-preppy-girl stereotype somewhat, and maybe not. But in either case, I am the same person, and I can continue to be amused people's reactions.
What do YOU think?
Click Here to join the discussion!

Get your blog listed on my main page! by linking to this post. How do you do it? Click here to find out.

I'll add you to my Blogroll if you Blogroll Me!






















End Page